Monday, May 30, 2011

Breakfast in Hydra

How odd it is not to have cucumbers for breakfast.  I am at the Tassos Cafe on the harbor.  Hydra is a lot more interesting on on a Monday morning, than a Sunday afternoon.  People are working ,the non tourist shops are open, hardware store etc.  The donkeys are hauling products today, not oversized  luggage from oversized tourists.

Today was the first day on the trip that I did not set the alarm - unfortunately I had set it the day before and did not turn it off and the church bells start ringing at 6:00 anyway, making the alarm clock redundant anyways.

My lodging is at  Botsis guest house  a block off the main square, comfortable, clothesline, balcony with sea view, WiFi, AC, no breakfast(that is why I am here) just 45 euro a night. Nice people working there, when you see them. 

I AM GOING TO DO MY BEST TO RELAX, but that always seems like a waste of time on a trip. I am off on a hike.

No comments:

Post a Comment