Sunday, May 15, 2011

Now this is what I am talking about.

A pretty simple day, but almost perfect.  Started out with a delightful breakfast on our delightful terrace that has a great view of the blue mosque, with wonderful people.



 Next on the way to the tram there was a thumbs up chef statue which another couple was taking a picture of - they were slight;y embarrassed - and  I reassured them that I have no choice but to have my  picture take  with them also --- a true bonding experience.








 


             New friends


I joined a protest march.  Someone, I could not determine who, was censoring their internet, but that was enough to get me marching with them.  It was quite interesting talking to some of the protest and hear what they had to say.        










  1. Post  Turkish Bath restingat Cemberlitas Hamani --
 This is why I am amazed I can remember anything. I took a traditional Turkish Bath at Cemberlitas Hamani -- Great experience and I still have skin. The basic drill is you get undressed go in the really hot room.  Once you are really sweating some big guy with a bushy mustache calls you over.  He proceeds to suds you up, rub all your dead skin off with an abrasive glove and then beats the crap out of you (in a good way)

It was a great picture but I can't seem to rotate it with this blogging tool.
This little setting was truly amazing. I spent over 2 hours  with these guys.  I was Walking by when the next to me in the photo started talking to me.  Ask me to join them for a beer (or 3). About 45 minutes in to the interaction I found out he was the owner of the restaurant.  The guy across from me and his wife the woman next to the owner had a textile company who produced clothes for Chicos.  Anyhow  those 2 hours are why I travel

No comments:

Post a Comment