Thursday, April 21, 2011

Panic attacks

it is 3:09 am and I am up -- not because I have taken a nap or drank too much coffee, it is these damn panic attacks - where I wake up thinking that I can not breathe.  Even when I am awake and can tell I am breathing I think I can't.  I need to get up and walk around to convince myself of it.  (ok I am going to try to sleep again, more on this later)

Ok - I made it through the night.  It is 9:18 PM.  I have thought about this a lot today.  It is amazing that I do not have that control over my mind -- it just wins, I tell it "no worries I am breathing" and it says -"dude we got to get you breathing here".  Hopefully this wont happen too soon, but we tried this single nostril breathing exercise in yoga today which I might try next time.

It goes like this, place middle finger of right hand between eyes, place thumb on right side of the nose to block nostril, inhale, put ring finger on right nostril and remove thumb, exhale, then Inhale and replete.

here's to hoping to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment