Sunday, April 10, 2011

New Socks

Big day today, I am trying out my new Columbia travel socks.  They are thinner than most of my trekking socks, merino wool (mostly), they have some stretch, no seems. They are crew, but seem a little higher than that.  It is interesting with the relative thinness, that my shoes seem almost loose. These are black, my other are  green and really fit my trip palate better than . the black ones do.  These really are not made for sandals.  I know there are some who believe that there  no socks that are made for sandals.  I do feel that heavy socks are OK with sandals.  But these black ones with shorts and sandals? even someone like me with little concern for fashion would have to pass.

How many socks to bring for 3 weeks?  I am guessing that 5 to 7  is the right answer, that is the same answer for underwear. That means big laundry twice or little laundry 4 times.  We will see how it goes when we really start to pack.

That leads me to packing anxiety.  I always suffer from it - but I always have enough - primary fear is being cold and not have the ability to change that -- I hear that nowhere in the world could you actually buy something warmer to wear if you need it.

So as long as I am thinking about packing here is my clothing packing list (including what I am wearing on the plane)
3 pants - One Kahki normal weight, one light weight,one convertable.
3 short sleeve shirts -- one of a color other than dull.
3 long sleeve shirt including a lightweight sun protecting
4 tee shirts.
1 Longer shorts
1 Sweater
Rain jacket
Short sleeve pullover
Tilly hat
wool cap
light vest
2 Shoes ecco and keens
Swim Suit
nightshirt
I think that is it.

Did I mention the new socks?





No comments:

Post a Comment