Friday, April 15, 2011

The soft release

On the way to Nina's tonight I made a couple stops. The first was at a new bike shop in the neighborhood and the second at solo vino for a wine tasting.  It appears that the bike shop has been open for almost a month, but their grand opening is on Saturday.  They needed the time to work out the kinks before they let everyone there know that they were really open  for business.  Just a little practice until spring arrives and they had to actually run a business. Nice shop, good equipment  busy beaver in back tuning up bikes = only a week and a half wait right now which is fine because it will be several weeks before the weather really turns.

I marveled today at the (and I am not exaggerating) 20 foot pile of snow by sears.  I don't recognize as snow because of its black color.

Snow is pretending
hiding under a black shroud
spring will never come

Like the bike shop I have had my soft release of these writing - letting a couple friends know they are out there.  Tuning up for the real deal.

So far the bike shop has been doing pretty well.

No comments:

Post a Comment