Friday, April 1, 2011

Turkey hotels are done

I was very excited when I decided to bite the bullet and make my reservations for my two pre tour nights at the tour hotel. Not really sticker shock - it was just hard to swallow that those 2 nights would cost 25% of what the 13 night tour cost. But a wise friend said dont worry about just work an exstra day before you retire, that combined with a AAA discount I was sold,until today - when I was reading a woman's Turkey blog and was raving about her Istanbul hotel (Hanedan). It turns out it was only 2 blocks from the tour hotel, had a better TripAdvisor rating and cost more than 50% -- that ends up saving enough for all my Island hopping flights in Greece. I changed that reservation pretty quickly. Oh yeah their ride from the Airport is 10 Euro cheaper also.

I should move on to Greece --at least book a couple things that I know. Reservations lock us in, but can be cancelled, give us peace of mind , a few anchors to give us some stability while we wander around the world.

OK starting from the end I need 2 nights in Athens -easy to research - easy to book. I want to go to Santorini - it seems so perfect - it is my vision of a Greek isle -- the image of the blue roofed church is very clear in my mind. So lets say I want to go there - I should arrange transportation - maybe book a couple of nights there. Here what's is holding me back the image that this is an option other tour members take and it may be more interesting to tour the islands with them.

sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment