Monday, April 11, 2011

The value of the travel interaction

Some of my most memorable times from traveling abroad are the interactions I have with fellow travelers and locals.  What I never have really figured out is why am I so shy.  But I don't know if it is really shyness or being too respectful.  A general acceptance for ones space and not wanting to interfere with their existence. This ignores their common need to interact also.  A friend said compliment them on their shoes -- Dude nice hiking boots -- not too sure about that - but I went out in to the world tonight thinking about the interaction and actually pursue it.

Here is the interaction
.Oh oh she is sitting cross legged.  I cant see her shoes, but she has a chocolate chip cooky  - the very one I would have ordered had I got there earlier.  David> "was that the last chocolate chip cooky or was someone else the responsible party for making me end up with this (molasses) cooky. "  Get appropriate laugh -she says afraid so and laughs again >> "at least it wasnt the orange cholclate chip cooky" her  "I have not had one of those before"  David > "they are really good, unless they are the last one then I would stay away from it"  She>> Laughs again.

Thus concludes the interaction.  My skills are emence

No comments:

Post a Comment